Monday, August 4, 2014

Micah's Birthday...

I might just become a birthday blogger... because it seems these days I only have time about four times a year to blog!  Our summer is slipping aways so quickly!  I loaded the cart with school supplies the other day... I wonder where the summer has gone!
We celebrated Micah's birthday last week.  I have a hard time figuring out what to do for his special day so my default has been to make a pie and call it good. It only took me 14 years of marriage to find out that he really would love "more".... so this year I started in January!  I lined out a babysitter for a kid for a night away... and vaguely planned a destination.  The babysitting fell through a few weeks before his birthday and I was left with zero plans... I scrambled around trying to find other people to babysit... Two days before - my babysitting canceled again!  I was really bummed!  I could bore you with more details but let's just say - the whole process made me really miss family!  I realize how oh so small our support system is here in Montana... every time we try to plan something it is impossible to find help.  
BUT his birthday came and we had a grand day.  I surprised him by showing up at work and taking him to lunch and we had cake and presents at dinner time.  The cake was a peanut butter explosion - the frosting actually tasted like the inside of a Reeses peanut butter cup... AMAZING!  I gave him a picture frame of pics I took of the kiddos and the kids painted him picture for his office.  It was a fun time...  I'm thankful we can celebrate my husband, their Daddy... all his hard work and dedication to us - his family!

No comments: